They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and I presume the same could be said for some women too. We think this decadent (but very simple to make) chocolate indulgence is the sure fire way to guarantee that loving feeling this Valentine’s Day.
- 450g/1lb sweet pastry
- 1x20cm/8in tart ring
- 300g dark chocolate
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 110g sugar
- Line the tart ring with sweet pastry and bake blind.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and cream in a bowl over boiling water.
- In a mixer, whisk the eggs, yolk and sugar on full speed until thick, light and fluffy.
- Fold the eggs through the melted chocolate mix very carefully and fill the tart mould to the top.
- Cook in a cool oven at 150C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Do not refrigerate.
- For the sauce
- 250ml single cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- raspberries and fresh mint sprigs, to serve